Occupational Therapists are health professionals that help people or groups of people of all ages assume or reassume the skills they need for the job of living. OTs work with their clients to help them identify barriers to meaningful occupations (self care, work and leisure). While enabling clients to change these barriers, occupational therapists fulfill the roles of therapist, educator, counselor, case manager, resource developer, policy analyst and advocate.
Occupational Therapists Help With Situations Such As:
- difficulties affecting one's ability to care for oneself or others
- returning to work after prolonged illness or injury
- learning difficulties in the classroom
- mobility/seating problems that impair function in the home/workplace/community
- difficulties socializing or enjoying leisure time because of functional changes
- home or workplace modifications when accessibility is an issue
- managing pain due to injury, burns, arthritis, etc.
At Gateway Home Healthcare, our OT’s are specialized and experience with the completion of the necessary forms related to Motor Vehicle Accident injury. This includes extensive experience with the completion of Form -1 Attendant Care reports.